- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground pork
- 2 teaspoon "For J's" Sea Salt (any flavor)
- 2 slices bread (soaked in 1/3 cup milk)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic (minced fine)
- 1 small onion (chopped) [optional]
- fresh basil (chopped) [optional but great in meatballs]
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and/or
- 1 Tablespoon Whiskey (optional, use in patties or meatloaf)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- To make sure that you have enough salt, take a small sample of the hamburger mixture and pan fry.
- Taste test fried sample then add more salt if needed.
- Form into 4 1/2 inch patties.
- *Tip: For perfectly rounded patties, use a ice cream scooper with a ratchet mechanism that releases even scoops.
- Pan fry or grill.
- Place into large bread pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
- Last 15 minutes in oven: take off foil, drain oil, then top off with a layer of ketchup.
Spaghetti Meatballs Directions:
- Form into balls then cook in a covered pan with a little oil.
- After cooking, place in spaghetti sauce to keep meatballs juicy.