"For J's" Baked Stuffed Salmon
- 4+ lbs whole salmon
- 2 small onions (minced)
- 10 mushrooms (thin sliced)
- 2 teaspoon thyme (ground)
- 6 Tablespoons fresh parsley (minced)
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cup crab meat
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon "For J's" Hawaiian Chili Pepper Sea Salt
- 1 cup white or red wine
- bacon [optional]
- Saute onions in 4 tablespoons butter until translucent.
- Add mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon "For J's" sea salt, thyme and parsley, then cook for 3 minutes.
- Combine mixture with remaining butter (melted), bread crumbs and crab, then blend in egg yolks.
- Stuff salmon- secure with toothpicks. (Place extra stuffing in a small baking dish.).
- Slash side of fish 2 or 3 places.
- [Optional] Place bacon in slits.
- Sprinkle remaining "For J's" salt.
- Place salmon in a well oiled pan- add wine.
- Bake 475 degrees 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees, then cook 35 minutes. Baste with drippings 2 or 3 times for a 4 lb salmon. Add 5 minutes more for each additional pound.
- [Optional] Pan fry remaining bacon. Right before serving sprinkle crispy bacon bits on salmon.
← Older Post
Newer Post →