- 3 to 4 large tomatoes
- 1 small red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 to 4 dried chili de arbol pods
- 6 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro or Chinese parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon "For J's" Hawaiian Chili Pepper Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Slow roast whole garlic cloves until softened; set aside.
- Char chili de arbol pods at medium high heat until thoroughly blackened; grind and set aside.
- Chop tomatoes, bell pepper and cilantro; set aside.
- Place peeled, roasted garlic cloves in large mixing bowl; sprinkle with Hawaiian Chili Pepper Salt and mash garlic into a paste.
- Add 1 cup of the chopped tomatoes, ground chili pods and sugar to garlic mixture; blend.
- Add remaining tomatoes, bell pepper, cilantro and gently toss till well blended.
- Chill at least two hours before serving.