- 2 1/2 Tablespoons "For J's" Kiawe Smoke Sea Salt
- 5 lb Tri Tips (or flap meat)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- Sprinkle meat strips with Smoke salt and press firmly into all sides.
- Combine granulated sugar and garlic; blend well; then roll meat in mixture.
- Grill to desired doneness (medium rare is best) then transfer to a bowl to collect drippings.
- Prior to serving, slice meat strips against grain into thin bite-size pieces. Return to the bowl to allow slices of meat to marinate in drippings for additional flavor.