- 10 lb boneless ribeye roast
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons "For J's" Garlic Sea Salt
or "For J's" Maui Onion Sea Salt
or "For J's" Hawaiian Chili Pepper Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Rub "For J's" sea salt evenly over prime rib and place in roasting pan.
- Cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes to sear surface of roast.
- Lower heat to 325° and continue roasting for at least 60 minutes.
- Use meat thermometer to periodically check temperature until desired doneness is reached.
- Let roast rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
Internal Meat Temperature Guide:
- Rare to Med. Rare - 125 to 130 degrees
- Medium - 135 degrees
- Medium Well - 145 degrees
- Well - 145 degrees and above
To figure out the total cooking time, allow about 13-15 minutes per pound for rare and 15-17 minutes per pound for medium rare.