- 2 blocks firm tofu (drained)
- 2 cans salmon (7 1/2 oz.) or tuna (6 oz.) [you may also substitute with crab meat, shredded fish cake or canned chicken]
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 3 Tablespoon green onion (chopped 1/4 inch)
- 1 teaspoon "For J's" Kiawe Smoke Sea Salt
or "For J's" Garlic Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoon shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 carrot (finely grated) [optional]
- 1/2 cup Shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced) [optional]
- 1 can (5 to 8 oz.) water chestnuts (minced) [optional]
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- With clean hands mash and mix together.
- Form into small cylinder shaped patties (about 3 inches diameter). *Tip: For perfectly rounded patties, use an ice cream scooper with a ratchet mechanism that releases even scoops.
- Coat patties with additional Panko.
- Heat frying pan with 3 Tablespoons oil and fry patties until crispy golden brown.