- 1/2 cup fresh button mushrooms
- 2 blocks firm tofu, drained
- 1 cup cooked crab meat
- 1 cup chopped, cooked shrimp
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon "For J's" Hawaiian Chili Pepper Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg (may use 2 egg whites for no cholesterol)
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs), plus additional panko for coating patties
- Thinly slice the mushrooms, then sauté them in butter and garlic to taste. Cool and drain off liquid.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- With clean hands, mash and mix ingredients together. Form into small patties (about 3 inches diameter).
- *Tip: For perfectly rounded patties, use a ice cream scooper with a ratchet mechanism that releases even scoops
- Coat patties with additional panko.
- Heat frying pan with 3 tablespoons oil and fry patties until crispy golden brown.