- 1 cup "For J's" Hawaiian Chili Pepper Sea Salt
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/2 gallons cold water
- 12 to 14 lb turkey (thawed)
- In a large turkey size Reynolds roasting bag, place salt and sugar and water. Dissolve salt and sugar. Save the cooking timetable on the package of your turkey as you remove the wrap from your fully thawed turkey.
- Submerge turkey in prepared brine breast down making sure to take out as much air out of bag before tying it close. Chill for 8 to 10 hours.
- Hint: may place bag with turkey in a cooler and surround bag with lots of ice.
- After 8 to 10 hours, drain turkey.
- Place turkey in roasting pan. (Hint: for a more juicy breast of meat, place turkey breast down) Cover with parchment paper and then foil. Bake in oven according to the saved timetable from the package of your turkey.