- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup whipping cream or milk
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
Mango or Pineapple Hawaiian Cane Sugar For J's
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and white sugar; blend well.
- Cut butter and shortening into dry mixture.
- In separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg; add to dry ingredients; fold in fruit.
- Turn dough onto floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into biscuit size rounds.
- Place on greased baking sheet; sprinkle with For J's Hawaiian Cane Sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.